Special bonds, Special pets

 Entry #4

Sitting down thinking about what thoughts I want to share, then I look down at my dog while he's all comfy in his bed I made for him, and it hit me. I see people post about their pets they love daily and pretty pictures they take of their little guys, but why do we do this❓

    I am forever guilty of this, for example anytime my leopard gecko is looking at me funny or my dogs are cuddling up to me, I want to instantly share it with my friends. I think people can share great bonds with their pets, as they can be a comfort animal, or even just fun to have around. Not everyone is a pet person, but there are a lot of people who connect with their animals, and it's all about passion for animals. Of course some people can just strictly be a dog or cat person, but for the people who love any type of animal, tend to find them more comforting. Taking care of a dog can be tiring especially as a puppy, but when you're building a bond with them, it tends to feel less like work and more like a little child. You start to feel for it and make sure this animal has everything it needs to live a good life. A lot of people even go overboard, making their pets rooms, and having way more toys then they need. 

    I can't speak for everyone, but I have just always had a love for animals, even the ones people think are gross. I never see the bad side of animals I always look for ways I can make connections, like my two reptiles who probably will never cuddle or play with me, but they do trust me. Some people may think reptiles are gross, and don't love, but they do connect with me and will show me when they want to be taken out of the cage. Last year I had fancy mice, who were the sweetest little things, but escaped quite a bit!

 


    Listen to this little guy! He may like trash, but he's friendly, and adventures. I'm not trying to persuade anyone to like the animals they think are gross, everyone has their own opinion. However I am trying to explain that for some people, they see animals as comfort animals and want to get a bond out of even the weirdest animals like a pigeon. I'm not sure how many of us there are, so hopefully I'm not the only one, but animals just fascinate me. I feel bad if my dog accidentally gets locked in a room or I accidentally step on his little toes, it makes me want to give him a treat and a hug just for the inconvenience. I treat animals the way I would want to be treated, but of course I don't eat dog food, so more as if I were a dog and that's how I would want to be treated. 

    Just because an animal is not a human what makes it okay to treat them badly? I see articles all the time about people throwing their dogs in the trash, or knowing that people physically abuse their animals, it simply breaks my heart. I think I feel for them so much, because they don't understand the world we know, so everything is just a big blur to them.

    I have always thought to get a job around animals since I adore them very much, but I don't think I can handle seeing blood or sad things happening to our little friends, as I am superrrrrr sensitive. Maybe I'll find a job one day where I can save animals and be content to what I'm doing, but for now I am just encouraging, please be nice to our dear friends. Now obviously if you're being attacked that's a different and unfortunate story, but for our nice little friends, say hi every once and a while 😊








Comments

  1. I have loved all animals since I was a baby, I grew up with two rats, four dogs, and a cat and have been around many different kinds of animals my entire life. I even had two horses at one point, I love all animals whether they are big or small. Seeing any animals that are hurt absolutely breaks my heart.. I don't know how anyone could ever hurt animals and I believe anyone who does needs to pay for their actions (mostly I want them to get hurt the same way they have hurt the animals, I know that may sound bad but I like animals more than people) there were four stray kittens that my grandma and I didn't think would make it because their mom left, two of the sibling died (there was 6) so we took them into our home and bottle fed the, they couldn't have been more than two weeks old.. so tiny... all four made it! happy, healthy, safe and loved inside our home and oh my are they spoiled rotten lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all kinds of animals! Even when I'm a little afraid of them I feel some kind of affection towards them, they're just minding their own animal business and I don't know how some people don't like them. I have a dog at home and everyone loves him! He's so adorable but kind of a trouble maker, every time I have to scold him for pooping on the floor or running to the neighbors hoses I apologize immediately because I can't get mad at the baby.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas is Still Fun! Entry #8