Trying New Tasks is Worth it Entry #10

 Think about what you spend your money on daily, weekly, or a task that's a slight inconvenience but you do anyways, because you love to. Have you ever thought about what could save you that money spent every day, or what could make those tasks easier? I have the solution, DIY, which stands for "do it yourself". 

    To put this idea into perspective I'm going to give a couple well known examples. I recently purchased a Nespresso machine to make my coffee at home, because I was tired of spending 5 plus dollars on a cup of coffee. I chose this machine because it's supposed to also make espresso shots which I love. I love buying all sorts of drinks depending on my mood from Carmel Macchiatos and Lattes to black coffees with only sugar. I first started off clueless because I was not sure how to make these special drinks. 

    Yum look at that coffee! So, I got to learning how to make these at home for less money. Now, these drinks do not taste exactly like they do when you order them from a coffee shop, but they are very similar and taste delicious! I looked up recipes and learned a lot and started to practice which portions and tastes I liked most. Now I make my morning lattes every morning and am in LOVE. Some people may think the Nespresso pods are expensive because they're around 1 dollar a pod, but that's basically 1 dollar a cup of coffee, which is way better then 5! I'm so glad I purchased this machine, because I save so much money and I'm able to experiment the way I make my coffees and is just an all-around fun time. I started getting more into it, by collecting more glasses, and have my own set up that I love. 

    Another example is learning how to cook, because fast food is starting to get expensive to buy every day. I think it's more important to cook your own meals because it'll be personalized and cost efficient. I struggle with this one because I work all the time, but never have any food at home, so if I learned how to grocery shop and cook recipes I love, I'll be able to cook all the time! It may be more time out of my day, but it's being motivated for yourself. 

    For people in the same boat as me I'll insert a link to a website I found with a variety of recipes. They have all kinds of types, vegetarian friendly, quick, and normal dinners. I hope to start learning new recipes soon, so I can start saving money, especially when I move into my apartment. 

Everyday Cooking | Allrecipes


   I also wanted to talk about activities that are random, but you can always DIY. My boyfriend and I are not as social as we probably should be and always kind of do our own thing. One day we decided to start building our own skate park in this flat ground we found, to avoid having to go to the skate park full of people. That skate spot has been amazing ever since we built it because we get to go any time we want, and it'll always be empty. It's our little spot and even though he did most of the work, I'm still proud of our work😉. There are even little things like building my own organization structure in my room without buying 100-dollar drawers, just be creative.

    Creating your own little ways into things is fun and effective. If you really put your mind to it, it's crazy the number of things that will pop up, all the ideas, just let them happen. Trust yourself and be the better version of you, the creative side!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas is Still Fun! Entry #8

Special bonds, Special pets